01 January 2012

My bucket list

I like it that time goes by the year. After every year you look back and take in all the events, achievements, ups and downs, mentally close a chapter of your life but somehow it flows into your future too.

I watched "The Bucket List" with Daddy during one of our weekly wind-down DVD nights last year and happened to read about someone who took the exact list as her to-do for the new year.

Its a good idea but the list slightly different for me. Something like:

Do something for myself.

Actually I'd like to do 3. Very greedy but essential.

Do something for someone else.

Actually there's just one thing I can do to benefit many people. Maybe Daddy knows what I'm talking about.

But on top of that, I'd like to go on doing what Daddy and I have been doing. Give help.

Over the past few years, we given help to even strangers to the best of our abilities, sometimes even if it's out of the way for us and we've always always found happiness in doing so.

When Joy Joy is old enough, we'll do volunteer work together with her. And teach her to be always willing to help.

Do something that scares the crap out of you.

The only 3 things I can think of now that scares the crap out of me:

Childbirth
Heights
Crocroaches

Do something that everyone else thought you couldn’t do.

It should be to love somebody more than I love myself.

I still love me but I think joy joy is becoming more and more important to me.

Do something you’ll remember when the next new year rolls around.

It's probably going to be the process of bringing JoyJoy up but we never know do we.

Maybe we all need some goals in life to elevate the feeling that we're just going through the motions everyday. Suddenly, the things you do have meaning.




And I think Joy Joy agrees..

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ads